- Oakwood Country Club is owned by the equity golfing members of the club. At the annual meeting in April, a Board of Directors is elected from the membership to operate the club on behalf of all of the members. Each equity members holds a stock certificate signifying their ownership. There is only one type of common stock.
Are there different memberships available?
- There are a number of membership options available both for Family or Single memberships. There are also Social and Clubhouse memberships. In addition, the Board of Directors may approve membership specials from time to time. Please consult the “Become a Member” tab on the web site or contact the Club office for specific details.
What amenities are available at the Club?
- There is an 18-hole Pete Dye designed golf course overseen by PGA Professionals. There is an outdoor swimming pool and Snack Shack. The Clubhouse has a large bar with a casual dining area. There is also a formal dining area, which can be used for dinner, banquets, and weddings, all overseen by the culinary staff. Wedding parties have an outdoor area option for ceremonies.
May members bring guests?
- Members are encouraged to use the facilities to entertain guests. The dining room offers excellent small-party opportunities, the banquet room may be used for larger gatherings, the golfers’ bar is a fun place to hang with friends, and the golf course and pool are enjoyed by everyone. Guests are always welcome except during special member-only events, which seldom prevent one from entertaining.
Are there tee times for golf?
- There are no formal tee times for golf. The course is closed on Monday mornings for maintenance, but there is open golf on all other days. Occasionally, the course may be closed for an outing. Those events are listed in Club communications as they occur. Junior Memberships have some restrictions, which are outlined in the Member Handbook. The Pro Shop Personnel can answer specific questions about course availability.
How are fees collected?
- Initiation and stock payments are due with the membership application. Dues and Capital Improvement fees may be paid annually or monthly. Monthly use fees are billed at the beginning of the following month. These include guest greens fees, cart fees, and food and beverage purchases. Locker and range fees are charged annually at the beginning of the fiscal year. Members may pay by check, credit card, or automatic withdrawal from a bank account.
Do memberships automatically renew?
- Memberships automatically renew each year at the same membership classification unless written notice is given with a 30-day notice. The fiscal year runs from March 1 through Feb. 28(29).